Friday, June 19, 2009

28 Weeks

We started our prepared childbirth classes last week at 27 weeks. Every Thursday night from 630-900 for 5 weeks. It's a great class. Very relaxed and very informative. We went to the second class yesterday and learned our first breathing technique. It was great. We got out the floor mats, the instructor dimmed the lights, and then took us through some relaxation techniques. She followed that up with the breathing technique. So far I think I'm a pro at at it.
Well I got the official results of my glucose tolerance at today's 28 week appointment. Everything came back great at 125. Although I have known for at least a week now that I passed, I was relieved to hear it come out of her mouth.
Everything else was normal. Heart rate 156. Gained, er, two pounds. Dr was happy with that though. She also recommended a pedi for us. I was relieved because I had been stressing about finding one for a month. Seems like the few recommendations I have gotten from coworkers and family just won't work for me for one reason or another. Plus, seems like word of mouth doesn't work for me. I end up getting screwed when I rely on someone else's recommendation.
We got the nursery painted this afternoon! So far I am pleased with the shade of pink we chose. I'll know for sure how I feel about it in the morning once everything dries. Updates coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates