Wednesday, December 8, 2010

First Appointment

It's starting to feel more real and less like someone painted two pink lines on my pregnancy test.
Today we went for our first appointment. Everything was routine and as expected: pee in a cup, blood work, checking my weight and blood pressure. The doctor said that I will be monitored closely for preterm labor so that means good and bad news. The good news is that I will get plenty of ultrasounds. The bad news is that I will have to start weekly progesterone shots in the hip. Of course I consulted Dr. Google and found that those shots are supposed to be super painful. I guess it will be worth it though if they help me go full term. This is my sincerest hope and prayer, to deliver full term. I would stand on my head once a week for two hours if my doctor told me it would increase my chances of delivering a full term baby.

My first ultrasound is December 23. I can't wait to see the baby and to make sure everything is ok and progressing normally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates