Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Introducing Squishy!!!

Today at 3:15 we went for our first appointment. I have to say, despite feeling rushed by both the fact that I left work at 2:45, had to go get Tim, and rush all the way out to Bedford combined with my RE kind of blowing me off, today was a good day. I can finally relax a little and really enjoy all the things to come. So we get there , wait in the waiting room for about 15 minutes, then they call us back. I emptied my bladder, undressed from the waist down, and waited another 15 minutes for Dr. Kathy to show up. Now I can tell you, 15 minutes has a way of crawling by when you you're a worrier. A 15 minute wait can compell you to jump head first into the "what if" game. What if they don't see anything? What if the baby doesn't have a heart beat? What if....?? I went on and on both in my head and outloud. Tim dismissed the ones that I made auditory and calmly flipped through the sports section of a newspaper that they dr's office had made available. I asked him how can he be so calm at a time like this? His simple reply, " I don't think about all of those things. This is going to go right for us." I guess he was on to something. It did.

As soon as she inserted the probe we saw Squishy, heart fluttering away. It was truly awesome! All I could do was smile. FHR 124 bpm, and the Dr says everything looks perfect! I am so freakin' happy! I can not believe this being is inside of me. On one picture of Squishy, you can see a slight space that looks like an umbilical cord to me. I stared at that spot for the longest time. It is amazing to see how we are connected to eachother as mother and child. It may seem trivial to some people, but it was a truly humbling discovery. I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates