Friday, July 17, 2009

32 Week Appointment

Today I had my appointment. I fully went in expecting it to be in and out as it has been for the past 2 months.
Blood pressure and urine sample normal. I gained 1 pound. That's up only 1 lb in the past 4 weeks for a grand total of 12 lbs.
The dr comes in and she tells me I'm doing great with my weight gain by keeping it under 20 lbs, however, she wants to do an u/s to make sure the baby is gaining and doing well.
That got me scared. She takes me to the u/s room and the sonographer is in there with another patient. I had to wait in the area outside the u/s room. Waiting there alone made me worry more and more, and soon my worry spiraled out of control.
15 minutes later I'm in the chair for the u/s. The first thing I saw was that the baby was so still. You already know what I thought, this is in spite of the fact that I had just heard the baby's heart rate by doppler with the dr. Irrational fears.
Anyway, she did some measurements and said everything looked great. The baby is 4 lbs 5 oz and she is measuring in the 43rd percentile. I asked what that meant, and she said on average babies measure at the 50th percentile and anything above that means the baby is on the larger side, and anything below that means the baby is on the smaller side.
I am glad she's doing fine, but of course I'm disturbed that she didn't quite make the grade. Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I sure wished she had said the baby was measuring in the 51st percentile at least.

*sigh*

I'm trying not to think about it.
I'm trying to figure out how to get another u/s.
I'm trying to behave as a civil, rational expectant mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates