Friday, July 10, 2009

Tales of the Mall Fiasco

My mall days are over too....at least for a while. I was bored yesterday and decided to go to the mall by myself. It all started off ok. I shopped for a bit in Macy's, then left there in search of Gymboree. Well I ended up walking from one end of the mall to the other searching for Gymboree which of course is too far for me. I felt terrible. I felt like a big, fat, wheezing elephant who was about to be put down for sore joints and bad hips. I ended up parking on a bench by the ice skating rink for about 15 minutes. Two teenagers walked smoothly, and effortlessly by me, chatting then laughing amongst themselves. I found myself wondering if they were laughing at the sight that I was.
That gave me enough strength and courage to make it back towards Macy's where I parked. On my walk back, I FINALLY found Gymboree. It was close enough to Macy's. I just didn't see it because it was downstairs on the side I was initially walking on. Anyway, I get there still feeling whoozy and couldn't find one thing that I wanted. I don't think anyone could...unless of course you wanted to buy overpriced dresses with matching socks. Baby already has tons of dresses. So I left there disappointed and started towards Macy's again. By this time everything on my body was aching. I decided I needed a sugar and caffeine rush to make me feel better. I limped towards Macy's, glancing casually at the different drink stands. Nothing there at any of the drink stands was under 3.50, and I wasn't prepared to make that type of commitment. Just when I thought I couldn't go any further, the heavens opened and I spotted a pepsi machine. Not my favorite or first choice, but it would work in a pinch. I get there and pay the machine 1.50 and pressed the button that would yield a pepsi. Guess what?





A DIET pepsi came out.





I stood there in disbelief and tears for a full minute before I finally accepted my fate. I looked around to see if there was anyone who could feel my pain or someone who I could vent to. I was alone.


I finally crept to the escalator. I got to my car maybe 15 minutes later. I walked outside, and wouldn't you know the earlier cloud cover had disappeared and the temps had started their upward climb to 102 degrees. I instantly started sweating.


All of that, and the only thing I had to show for it was a 5 pack of side snap shirts from Macy's, a DIET pepsi, and a broken crotch and hip bones.


Tim said that I am now on bed rest.


That's the end of my mall fiasco.





Also, I've gotten huge! Here are my 31 week pictures to prove.



We are BIG girls. To prove just how big she is, she just kicked me in the bladder as hard as she could. You can only imagine what happened next.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at "broken crotch". I'm sorry, but that's funny and I needed that laugh! =)

    You're belly is beautiful & you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! It feels broken. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates