Wednesday, February 18, 2009

11 Weeks!

Today I am 11 weeks, and to celebrate it I had a nice morning vomit of bile, fatigue, and a bad attitude out of this world! I am conviced that certain people are seeking me out just to try me. I'm usually very mild mannered at work, but it seems like lately people have just been TRYING to get on my last nerve. All in all, I guess I can say today went ok.
I did have a scare yesterday morning. I had my first regular OB appointment, and I wanted to make sure I could hear the heartbeat with my doppler before going in. Well, I couldn't find the heartbeat for NOTHING. I searched 25 minutes, then I finally found it. Squishy had moved further up in my uterus. When I came home in the evening, I decided to check again to see if it would be as difficult to find as the morning. I checked in the same spot as the morning and got nothing. I searched and searched, holding my breath the whole time. Finally...thump thump thump thump! I smiled and sighed with relief. Then wait...it's gone! I moved the probe around for another few minutes and found it again. Thump thump thump! Then it went away again. Squishy and I went back and forth like that for a few minutes when I finally had a thought. Maybe it doesn't like the probe anymore. Everytime I'd find the heartbeat I was only able to listen 5-6 seconds before it moved away. One of the girls from my due date club said that they can hear the noise of the probe. That makes sense. I guess I'll give Squishy a break and try not to listen everyday. :)
Anyway, yesterday I went to my dr's appointment, which was really a nurse appointment, and all was routine. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't check the heart rate, my uterus, or anything like that. All she did was take a gallon of blood, weigh me, take my bp, and give me a folder full of preggo info. They also made several more appointments for this month and next. My next appointmet is Monday 2-23. This is going to be a good one because I get an u/s. I'm so excited because I will finally get a picture of something that looks like a baby. I've checked out u/s from girls from my due date club, and they look like babies now. Can't wait. Then I have to go back in 2-24 on Tuesday for a blood draw. They want to check my progesterone levels a week a part to make sure my stopping my endometrin Friday was a good idea. Then I finally have my appointment with the OB 3-9. I'll get a pap and all that other fun stuff. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates