Friday, February 20, 2009

Preggo Dreams and Image

Had I heard this title 3 months ago, I would've described them as warm and fuzzy dreams filled with colors of pink and blue and bouncing babies smiling everywhere. Well I can tell you first hand, that's not the case. It all started around 8 weeks or so. I would have vivid dreams that just didn't make sense. My most memorable one was about me going to get some of those really cool belly pictures taken. Well I go in and everything was perfect. The lighting, my hair, my belly, everything was turning out wonderfully and the photographer was even better. I was so comfortable with her and she was producing fabulous pictures of me. I was sitting on a green couch about to take a final shot. I looked over and realized that the photographer was not wearing any pants or underwear and I could see everything. Now obviously I was very confused. The photographer continued to move around smiling and talking as if she was fully dressed. I ended up getting very sick from the fact that she was naked waist down and threw up. That was the end of that dream and I woke up nauseous.
A few nights ago I had a dream that my teeth were falling out. Now I've had this dream several times before, but what made this one different is that each time a tooth fell out they would fall on the floor and shatter like broken glass! I remember thinking in the dream, man the teeth are shattering on the floor so I can't even pick them up and glue them back in. The final straw was when one of my front teeth cracked. I went through an entire process of thinking about how to call in and get a sub because there was no way I was going to work with a front tooth missing. I could go in if it was just one of the molars, but going in without a front tooth was a no no. Needless to say I woke up and checked to make sure I had all my teeth.
I read a dream interpretation about teeth falling out a long time ago. The interpretation said that people usually dream that when they are overly concerned with appearance. I would have to say that this interpretation makes sense in my life. I worry about how I look most days because most days I just feel ugly. My weight gain is noticeable, and at this point it's not that cute pregnant belly noticeable weight gain. I have gained 5 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those ladies who obsess about weight and don't want to gain weight while pregnant. That's not me at all. I wouldn't mind at all if I looked pregnant. My stomach just looks fat. I lost 30 lbs right before becoming pregnant, and now that some of that weight is coming back it unsettles me. To take it off just to put it back on feels strange. I also think the coloring of my face looks darker and uneven, and I don't like my hair either. Where is that pregnant glow people talk about all the time? It skipped me for some reason. I'm thinking about getting a new haircut/hairstyle over spring break so I can get "me" back. I need to start researching hairstyles because I realize choosing the wrong one can be more disastrous than not choosing one at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates