Friday, February 13, 2009

Scared to speak too soon

but I think at 10 weeks 3 days, my morning sickness has subsided for the most part. Since last Saturday I noticed that I haven't been vomiting every single morning. I still feel nausea, but it's tolerable for the most part. I still have fatigue, that has gotten a little better, excess salivation, and sore sore boobs. I can deal with that though. Also, I have noticed that I have had a killer attitude since I've become pregnant, and especially the past few weeks. My coworkers are saying they like the new me. I guess it's because I've just basically been saying what's on my mind, and I don't hold myself back from letting people have it. People piss me off when they come up to me and say something dumb, especially on my days when I feel like a freight train hit me. I know it's my hormones. I also know it's the fact that I am carrying a child and for the most part not much else matters. I no longer care what people think about trivial things. I don't consider people's thoughts on what I have to say. I know that sounds mean, but that's where I am with my thinking at this point. I just have limited time and patience with nonsense.

I've also been listening to the baby's heartbeat with my doppler pretty much everyday. I just get nervous when I check in with my due date club on Justmommies.com and read all the horror stories of different women from the club losing their babies. It seems like everyday that I check in on there, someone else has miscarried. They're dropping like flies. Reading the stories invokes such emotions! Initially I feel shock. Then I feel sadness. Then I feel worried with feelings of desperation. Then in the end I feel a certain amount of relief and happiness that I can hold on to Squishy if even for one more day. Eventually I feel guilt for feeling that way. It's just all so confusing.
Oh if I could go through this thing with blinders on and just enjoy my time with freedom from doubt and worry! The only thing I can do is say a prayer for our child and hope that everything is ok.
Yesterday was my 29th. Tim treated me to prenatal pampering at Daired's spa. I had a pedicure, full body massage, and lunch at the spa. It was a truly wonderful and relaxing experience. It felt so good to be pampered in a relaxing environment. I love my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates