Monday, August 17, 2009

3 weeks

I can't believe how time is flying! Layla is already 3 1/2 weeks old. I sat and thought, was that really almost a month ago when I went through the most eventful afternoon of my life? Hard to believe, but the child is the proof. She has gotten so big. At her two week appointment she was 5 lbs 4 oz. She goes back for a weight check this Friday. I'm thinking she's probably 6 1/2 lbs by now. Her face,thighs, and belly have gotten so round and chunky!

I took these pictures this morning after she forgave me for putting on her headband. She HATES headbands.



Here she is expressing her obvious distaste for her headband.

Calmer now... A pose and a quick "maybe smile".



Winding down with her soothie...


Catching up on some z's...






Last night was her first all nighter in her crib. I didn't expect to put her in there so soon, but I decided to try it since Tim went back to work today and we wouldn't have anyone to move the pack-n-play from our bedroom to the family room. I had decided there was no way I was going to break that thing down and move it downstairs in the morning, and upstairs in the evening.

It went well for both of us. Our monitor works great. So great that I can hear every breath and every whimper. I think once we both get completely used to it, we will have even better sleep at night.


Here is the final picture of the nursery. Last time I posted, the crib was still en route to us. Tim got it all put together and set up a week and a half ago.



That's all for now folks! Duty calls!

2 comments:

  1. Look at her!! She's a beautiful chocolate mama! Thanks for making my day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a cute little chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates