Tuesday, March 17, 2009

15 weeks

I had my dr's appointment with the nurse practitioner at my new dr's office yesterday. The appointment went GREAT! I think that I will really like this office, and I think baby and I will be well taken care of. The M.A started off by weighing me. No comment. :) Then she told me she was going to draw my blood. I explained that I had already had my OB panel drawn at my last dr's office (5 vials!), and it should be in the medical records they faxed over. Well, she took a look and thankfully they did have the medical records. Well guess what? The old dr's office tested me for everything they were supposed to test for EXCEPT my blood type and hep B. The M.A was dumbfounded. She even had another person double check to be sure she wasn't missing anything. Well anyway, needless to say that is the latest blunder from that terrible dr's office. So she ended up having to draw my blood to get those tests done.
After that I met with the N.P. Super nice and supportive. She went over everything I needed her to. Specific weight gain goals (20 lbs), exercise, nutrition, breast feeding, etc. Then she did my pap and breast exam. I had to hold my breath while she examined my breasts because these boys are still sooooo sore. Later she showed me around the office and showed me the sono room which was very impressive with it's big screen t.v. :)
The last thing I did was get my big u/s scheduled. It's scheduled for 4/8 when I see the dr for my 18 week appointment. They said she will do a "for fun" u/s that they won't charge me for, but then we have to go back 4/10 for an u/s with a tech so they can do the measurements for the baby.
I can't WAIT to find out. I don't know how I will keep my mind off of this u/s that won't happen for another three weeks.
I am really thinking pink. Really. If I am right, we are well set on a name. Can't believe we already have first and middle name all set! I had planned to pick out three names for each gender and then let Tim pick which one he wanted once the baby was born. Well I gave him the choices yesterday, and he is set on one of them already. He actually likes it! REALLY likes it. That amazed me because every time I give him a name he promptly wrinkles his nose and tears it to pieces.
We will keep the name of the baby to ourselves until after the birth certificate is signed. Too many opinions that create doubt, know what I mean? You think you have a name all set that you really love, and then someone comes along and says "(Insert baby name here)? My aunt has a dog named (insert baby name here)!" Or, "I've always hated that name, but if you like it that's all on you."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you found a new doctor! And thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates