Sunday, March 8, 2009

Motrin

I lost the battle.
Yesterday I woke up around 6:45am with a throbbing headache. I took tylenol and waited. Of course it didn't work. I took more tylenol. That didn't work either. Not to say that I am surprised because tylenol does nothing for me. I may as well be popping tic-tacs. Anyway, I tried my water trick. After I stepped down from my 12 year reign as Queen Motrin for fertility purposes, I discovered that sometimes, and I do mean sometimes, if I drink two glasses of water it cures my headache. That didn't work either.
Then I tried massage. Tim massaged my back and neck, and still no relief.
I tried to lie down in a quiet room. No relief.
I finally broke down. I sent Tim to the store around 5:30 to buy a pack of motrin.

I tossed two back with a swig of water and 15 minutes later my headache was gone!

I know I'm not supposed to take them, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
What happens when the pain is gone? Justifications begin. I pointed out to Tim that some women smoke their whole pregnancies. Some women still have a glass of wine daily. Some women eat deli meats freely. Some women still subject their bodies to higher temps than recommended.
I just had a motrin. Two motrin. I feel fine.

___________________________________________

Also, I am scared that my destiny is to be one of the women who say post-pregnancy, "Who me? I was sick my ENTIRE pregnancy!" Although it has gotten better, I have still been vomiting. I vomited three times 2 nights ago after drinking root beer. I don't know what to say. I think I am learning not to have so many expectations throughout this deal. Babies don't know what trimesters are, and they certainly don't respect boundaries and expectations preset for them based on trimesters. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates