Friday, March 20, 2009

Wait a minute....

Feeling good. Definitely have that second trimester energy boost. I've been feeling like my old self. I've been cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, and doing the things I used to do. I did forcefully vomit twice over a the last three days, but I think it was because I ate too much in one sitting. Lately I haven't been really hungry. Then all of a sudden the hunger will hit me like a bag of bricks. Then I gorge myself on whatever meal it is I'm eating. Then I get sick. Then I vomit. I'm figuring out with pregnancy you can't do things the way you used to. Before, I wouldn't eat if I wasn't hungry. Now I see you have to eat even when you're not hungry to keep a disaster from happening.
Also, I am waiting, hoping, and wishing I can feel the baby move. About an hour ago Tim rubbed my stomach and it felt so good and relaxing. Then wait! I thought I felt something. I told Tim to stop, but when he did I felt nothing at all. I told him to continue, and I felt it again. When he stopped I felt nothing. I pressed the right side of my lower belly and it was tight and hard. Kind of like a 2-inch knot was pressed against my stomach. I don't know. This could all be in my head. I'm just looking forward to the day when I know without a doubt that I felt the baby move. I'm hoping that will be soon.
Wednesday, I had an encounter with the tiniest being I have ever seen in my life. I went to the hospital to see my cousins baby who was born prematurely and is now in the NICU. She is about 3 weeks old and 3lbs, but she is so small. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I got to help give her a bath and wash her hair. It was a very special experience, but also exhausting. She has to be handled with such care and she's so tiny that it makes you tired just giving her a 10 minute bath. It made me wonder what it's going to be like for me in 5 months. I know this is different because the baby is a preemie, but it's still a baby nonetheless.
Overwhelming.
Exciting.
Humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates