Friday, March 13, 2009

Uh....Ligaments?

This morning around 3am I woke up with the worst round ligament pain that I have had this pregnancy. It's a weird pain because it's dull and consistent. There is nothing you can do about it either except pray. Good news is that I was so tired that I kind of drifted back to sleep amidst the pain. I think it was caused by me sleeping all night on my stomach. Although I do this nearly every night, maybe this child began to think s/he has had enough and inflicted that pain on me to get me off my stomach. Well it worked. I slept the rest of the night on my sides. Needless to say when I woke up, my hips were sore from sleeping on them for 4 hours. I guess I'm screwed. Can't sleep on my back the experts say. Can't sleep on my stomach the round ligaments say. Can't sleep on my sides the hips say. Who knows?
Tomorrow we go to a "baby show" at the Marriott in Fort Worth. I'm thinking it's like those wedding shows except this will be all baby stuff. They say they will go over new products, safety ratings, recalls, etc. I'm expecting for it to be quite interesting. I'm glad they are having this show before we start buying for baby. It's like it comes at a perfect time. I'm guessing I will be having the "big" u/s in 3-5 weeks. I will know for sure when it is scheduled after I see my new practitioner at my brand new dr's office on Monday. I can't wait. I just want to know if the baby is a girl or boy. I had been thinking boy for several weeks for several reasons, but now I am thinking girl. Unlike the reason I thought it was a boy, I don't have a reason why I think it will be a girl now. I'm getting mixed guesses from everyone else, roughly half on boy, half on girl.
Oh the time crawls when you need to know if you are destined to be the parents of a new baby girl or a new baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes



These are the years, the gentle years,the soft and sentimental years
when wee little fingers reach and touch
and little eyes gaze with wonder and trust,
when you love so tenderly and so so much,
these are the gentle years.

These are the years, the rainbow years, the quiet, walk-on-tiptoes years,
the years of laughter and smiles and sighs
when both of you watch with misty eyes the tiny bed
where a cherub lies,
these are the rainbow years.

These are the years, the tender years, the blissful, sweet-surrender years,
when your little treasure from above
is the soul and purpose and center of your plans and dreams and dearest love,
these are the tender years.

- Barbara Burrow
 

The Wow Factor | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates